This is one of my earliest playlists but I still love it. It’s got a bit of everything. As always, at the beginning I instruct my class to wind on up and find their steepest hill, then take some load off so everyone is starting at roughly the same place.
You can find this playlist on Spotify, username bec-p, playlist Eighth.
Tracklist (notes following)
- Roses – warming up with a bit of load on the wheel.
- Where have you been – add a bit of load, we’ve got 2 standing sprints to start us off. Push your top speed. First one is short, second one is twice as long.
- Bon bon – this track is the big jumps where we come right off the seat. Add some more load, it needs to be heavy otherwise you can’t stay on the beat. There are 4 rounds, the first one kicks in at 18 seconds, you’re up for 4 beats, down for 4, sit for the verses. Remind your class to come straight up and down, not to rock from side to side.
- Are you gonna be my girl – a nice fast track in the saddle with 3 surges (in the chorus) out of it. Take a bit of load off and keep a fast pace right through.
- Not giving in – Add a huge turn, right up to the very top. 3 rounds – grind it out then take a big chunk of load off to speed down the hill during each chorus.
- Sweet emotion – another climb, working on the beat. I alternate between standing, hovering, and sitting, around 60 seconds each.
- We run the night – more standing sprints so take some load off. There’re 4 of them, first one kicks in at 15 sec. The first and last ones are short – the middle two are twice as long.
- Fight for your right – we’re back up climbing out of the saddle, working on the beat. There are 3 rounds and we drop into hovers in the chorus. The hovers are very slow and controlled, really focus on keeping that upper body still.
- How far we’ve come – take some load off, we’ve got little mini jumps. Just raise your butt an inch off the seat. There are 3 rounds, kicking in at the chorus at 52 secs. Raise your butt for 3 seconds, sit for three and repeat. You’ll be able to hear the change in the music. In the first two rounds you only do the up/down three times, the last round is much longer. It’ll be easy for the first couple but then the upper legs really start to work and the pain comes in. Remind your class to just lift their butts and not come away from the seat.
- Turn down for what – load goes back on, it’s heavy. There are 3 rounds and we’re going to try and push some speed into this load. First round has 2 standing surges, starting at 20 sec and lasting for 8 sec. The second round has 2 more but we’re going to sit and push in between (this is when is starts to hurt). The last round has 4 up/downs so grit your teeth and get through it.
- Honey I’m good – take a good chunk of load off, we’ve got a nice fast finish with 3 little breathers. Push as fast as you can for the remainder of the track.
Done! Finish off with a couple of cool down tracks, I used Take a picture and I’m on fire for this playlist.